woensdag 4 mei 2016

#161 - #162: Sentret & Furret

Fan art of Furret with Sentret on its back (left) and tail (right)
Look, I'm going to be the biggest fanboy you've ever seen here, so don't say I didn't warn you.

Let's start with stating that I don't care for Sentret. Although its name suggests that we're dealing with a ferret of some sorts, its appearance resembles that of flying squirrels and its behavior is actually more similar to meerkats. Sentret always behave nervously and cautiously, apparently fearing for their lives. They will never sleep alone; while the others sleep, there is always one Sentret that watches for danger by raising up on its tail - it can scan wide areas when doing so - and emitting a loud, shrill cry as a warning when it spots any kind of danger. The herd then flees, but if one Sentret gets separated from the others, it becomes sleepless with fear. Furret, on the other hand, is where I start fanboying so hard that even my mother will wonder if it wouldn't be better for me to check into an insane asylum. Because I absolutely 100% love and adore Furret. Look at it, IT'S JUST SO CUUUUUUTE!!!

That's okay, cutie, I don't mind. You can sleep in my sock drawer
as often as you want.
Seriously though, Furret has slowly become one of my favorite Pokémon ever, easily taking up a spot in my top 10. I know it wasn't included in my top 50 favorite Pokémon at all, but just ignore that blog. I'm just keeping it around because there might be a few things on it that I can use for this blog, but otherwise it's so badly written that it even makes myself cringe. Besides, I created that blog approximately three years ago and finished it in about two months, so it's hardly accurate or contemporary anymore. The good thing about my current blog is that I'm using a whole different concept: I can alter my reviews and ratings as many times as I please, while it doesn't affect the previous or subsequent articles. You can't exactly change the order of a top 50; I mean, it is possible, but it takes a lot of work and it's actually more hassle than it's worth. That's why I love this blog: by reviewing every single Pokémon in existence, I'm getting a much better perception of which Pokémon I like or dislike, love or hate. The articles are longer and I'm spending more time writing them, which is why I often get to know the Pokémon that I'm writing about much better than I did before. And if I get tired of a certain Pokémon, or if I was too hard on one, I can always alter its review and rating for better or worse. Not that this happened much yet (only a couple of times), but the possibility is still there.

Extremely adorable fan art of Furret standing in a meadow,
accompanied by Drifloon and Minccino. 
That allows me to fanboy over Furret without actually having to rank it before or after another favorite of mine, because Furret is indisputably one of my favorite Pokémon right now, only because of its high level of cuteness. Let's face it, Furret's flavor isn't interesting at all, and its fighting capacities are nothing to write home about. Well, I did do a Pokémon X playthrough in which I caught an Adamant Sentret and added it to my team, but it wasn't the best Pokémon by any means. It did a pretty good job, that's for sure, but I just wanted to use a Furret once and now I can say, "Mission accomplished." By the way, that is the only thing that Furret should be used for (it doesn't deserve to be used as an HM slave, it's way too adorable for that), because it is not suited for competitive play at all. Its stats are all mediocre at best and it has absolutely no durability in battle because of that. Furret has one trick up its sleeve (pun most definitely intended): Trick. This move switches Furret's held item with the opposing Pokémon's, and with the hidden ability Frisk you can see what item the opponent has before you make a decision. It's handy and it can cripple the foe, especially when a Jolly Furret is holding a Choice Scarf, but it is generally better to avoid using it competitively. Its decent to use in-game and it is very versatile move-wise, but Furret is not a good fighter.

Dammit, it breaks my heart to say that.

Peekaboo!

However, I should be happy that this Pokémon exists at all. I generally don't care for real-life ferrets and weasels (with the exception of ermines) because they're vicious little things, but Furret has gained a special place in my heart and it will stay there forever. By the way, I downloaded 23 images of Furret so I could potentially use them for this article, but I obviously couldn't use them all. Go take a look on Google Images, I'm sure you'll melt when you see all this cute fan art of Furret. I know I did.

Rating: 5/5

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten